Friday, February 6, 2009

I don’t want to see the faces

I don’t want to see the faces.
That’s kind of a weird way to say it but
I don't want to see people for the superficial.

I come across the paths of different people,
Different walks of life, different shapes and sizes.
Diverse backgrounds, income levels and cultures
But I don’t want to see the faces.

What I mean by that is I want to get to the heart of it all.
It has nothing to do with my immediate desires or wants.
It has nothing to do with surface and immediate flesh responses.
I don’t want to deal with people in relation to any of that.

People deal with others because of so many different reasons
Who they are…
How they met…
What they can offer them…
What they have…
Who they are in a social circle with…
How much money they make…

I don’t want to see the faces.
I want to see people by things much deeper
This means I won’t deal with you differently, regardless of what’s going on
This means I’ll try and cut through to the marrow

Do you see ME?
I try and do good even though I know I fall short sometimes
Do you see me?
Not my face, my height, where I work, what I do
Even though these are all parts of me…Do you really see me?

I’m hiding, from the darts in the eyes
I’m hiding, from the words that are like arrows
I’m hiding, in the comfort of Jesus.
I’m hiding so that only people with the eyes of Christ can really see me

I don’t want to see the faces I want to see the heart.

Ms. Cat – 02/06/2009

No comments: